Friday, May 6, 2011

Granny's blanket

So I finally finished this. Finally.
I hate it. This has been bogging me down for a month. I tried to pick colors that she would like and I hate them. I should have brought my sister with me to help pick colors. One reason I had to plow through was because I had managed to buy a cotton polyester blend. I had meant to get 100% cotton, and I don't know what I'll do with the leftover bits, but at least this is used up. I sewed the lines almost a month ago. It sat there for a another week or two before I started sewing on the binding, which took forever! I don't know if I will ever convince myself to make a full size quilt.

The best part was when I was almost done. I still had one more side and a corner, an I stopped to look at this neverending thing. I looked more closely. I had only two inches left to sew! I don't think you can understand just how excited I was that it was done. Now I can get beck to creating things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please click 'subscribe by e-mail' if you would like to receive follow up comments on this post.