|Happy 1st Birthday!|
Early last week I came across this tutorial, and I knew I had found my skirt. I also re-found this tutorial and knew I had found Minnie's skirt. My skirt is just like the tutorial, but Minnie's is a bit different. I should have made the top part even smaller as I think it would have made the bottom skirt poofier. The tutorial calls for the waist band to be 2.5 times the waist and I made hers 2 times her waist, but I think I should have made hers 1.5 times. I would also make the bottom skirt shorter so you can see the tulle, as in the original.
Minnie also needed a "1" shirt to celebrate her big day. This took FOREVER. I used Wonder Under to keep the "1" in place, but the blanket stitch just made it draw out. I don't know if I just wasn't doing it right or what, but it took so long and I was tired from sewing and it just made it worse. I made a baby dress, apron, two skirts, and this shirt last week. The shirt was the only thing that seemed to drag on.
I didn't take many process shots, but here's some more party pictures!
|Beautiful cake from Kelly!|
Post a Comment
Please click 'subscribe by e-mail' if you would like to receive follow up comments on this post.