pattern, and my Ravelry project page is here. The yarn is some undyed BFL Aran from here. Every once in a while my knitting group will get together, usually at Maureen's, to dye some yarn. This yarn was dyed a few months ago, and I told Lesley I would like blue, purple, and pink. I'm still deciding how I will put together the pink with the rest of the blue and purple for another pair of longies.
One change I made was to knit flat for the first inch and then join in the round. After 2.5 inches you pick up and knit the cast on stitches with your stitches on the needle, creating the casing for the elastic. The pattern tells you to knit in the round the entire time, and then not pick up all the stitches to leave a hole for the elastic. This bothers the perfectionist in me, so I changed it! I used the tail from the cast on to sew up the little hole after I added the elastic.
Post a Comment
Please click 'subscribe by e-mail' if you would like to receive follow up comments on this post.